Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 02:10:53 -0800
From:      David Schultz <dschultz@uclink.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>, Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>, dever@getaclue.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bystander shot by a spam filter.

Thus spake Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>:
> "Matthew D. Fuller" wrote:
> > That would be why, despite the several-fold increase in travel time, I
> > went Greyhound this $HOLIDAY.
>
> I'm sure if there are any terrorists travelling this season, most
> of them are flying, with the ones carrying the bombs travelling
> by Greyhound, AmTrack, 1960's VW vans, yellow submarines, or some
> other route where they don't have to answer the question "Vere Are
> Your Important Papers" to Major Hochsteader^W^Wthe Travel Safety
> Administration.

Most of the ones who haven't been caught yet are probably smart
enough to get by domestic airline security.  That's because the
security people aren't looking for terrorists, they're looking for
nail clippers and box cutters.  I stopped flying a while ago, at
least to the extent possible, not because of the terrorists, but
because of all the airport screwups, mostly security-related.  I
don't want to take off my shoes in their filthy terminals, I won't
disassemble my camera with partly-used film in it just because
security can't figure out how a camera with a separate flash can
operate without batteries, yes I would like to speak with the
supervisor, and no, I don't like it when they take the duct tape
off of my hiking backpack such that the baggage handlers scatter
my underwear and other luggage all over the tarmac.  And yes, I
packed my own bags.