Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:42:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Peter Schultz <pmes@speakeasy.net>
Cc:        acpi-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI Error on FreeBSD-CURRENT

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Peter Schultz wrote:
> ACPI-1287: *** Error: Method execution failed, E_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
> can't fetch resources for \\_SB_.PCI0.FDC0 - AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
>
> I have a Tyan S1834 and see the above error during boot.  I'm not sure
> if this is such a big problem but it would be nice to eliminate the error.

It means there's a syntax error in your asl (in particular, a reference of
a variable without declaration).  You could go through the iasl dance to
fix it or just disable acpi (see INSTALL.TXT for how to do this).

It looks like you won't be able to use your floppy drive until you use a
workaround.

-Nate