Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:28:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rich Fox <java@foxengines.net>
To:        Kyle <dr.white@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting up a FreeBSD Gateway question

Hi,

This is a pretty common procedure and is documented in the freebsd
handbook. Please see:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/natd.html

Beware the ipfw default to allow settings.

I think there are also some tutorials out on the 'net.

You will likely want to alter the inetd.conf file in /etc for enabling ssh
and disabling whatever other features you don't want. You can also run
ssh as a dedicated process.
You can find more information about inetd in the handboox as well.

Rich.