Date:      Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:40:10 -0500
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, Kenzo <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: manufacturing

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:55:03 -0500, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
wrote:

> Kenzo wrote:
>
>> I don't think that they will view CAD drawings.
>> Our webmaster will create an application that will make it easy for the
>> people posting the pictures to load them into the server.
>
> I doubt that will work, but if it does, I'd love to hear about it.
>
> The reason I don't think it will work is that engineering drawings on a
> computer screen usually require a lot of zooming in/out to be useful, and
> I don't know of any browsers that will give you that control.
[snip]

Opera does.  It is also quite small and fast.  Not free unless you agree to
an ad banner, though.

People generally have reported better results with the Linux version
running on FreeBSD with Linux emulation than the FreeBSD native version,
but YMMV - many of the complaints about the native version concern the fact
that there aren't FreeBSD versions of popular plugins, which is something
you may not be at all concerned with.

Jud