Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:04:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Johnson <freebsd@spatula.net>
To:        Yuri Khotyaintsev <yuri@irfu.se>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: performance results of 1.3.1 hotspot

Is this OpenJIT with native or green threads?  I'd be interested to see a
comparison using OpenJIT with the classic VM comparing the two, just to
see if the bottleneck is with Hotspot or with native threads...

   Nick

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Yuri Khotyaintsev wrote:

> One more data point to the subject.
>
> I have a small application which runs under Orion 1.4.5.
> I have tested one page where a very HTML page is being constructed from
> a database (MySQL).
>
> The test is very qualitative, but here are my results:
>
>           time      RAM
> OpenJIT  <25 sec   103 Mb
> -client  ~40 sec   165 Mb
> -server  >60 sec   205 Mb
>
> The system I use is running 4.8-PRERELEASE.
>
> /Yuri
>
> --
>
> Dr. Yuri Khotyaintsev
>
> Swedish Institute of Space Physics,
> Uppsala Division
>
> http://ovt.irfu.se/

Help me reach my AIDS/Lifecycle fundraising goal: http://go2rider.org/spatula
"The aptly-named morons.org is an obscenity-laced screed..."
	-- Robert P. Lockwood, Catholic League director of research
Nick Johnson, version 2.1                             http://www.spatula.net/