Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 00:37:49 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hidden files question

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Brett Glass wrote:

>Look in logs that have turned over. You may see lots of messages
>related to intrusion attempts. We did.

I couldn't find any unexplainable successful connections unless they
got a password and hacked something I'm not logging. Saw lots of
attempts, though.

Still, the unaccounted file usage makes me suspicious. What is the
whiteout file attribute and how can I find it. The -W flag to ls
doesn't seem to work.

-- Jay