Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 23:43:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mysterious URL

> Domain Name: IHATEMICROSOFT.COM

So lets hope ICANN stays with that policy.
All letters are equal ;-)

H.

Btw, I did install Win 98 today to test their Mediaplayer
(trying to receive BlaTV at http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs106/ ),
and I was surprised how often they have this "Microsoft" word
or label, or "MS". To hammer home what people allready know.
The "MS Mediaplayer" can stream mpeg video, but my video/x-mpegurl
thing, files with the extension mgu, didnt work. It worked with
filelists with the extension m3u, no matter, if you put audio
or video into it, but this is no solution. Maybe there should be
some "wrapper" for this mediaplayer, that reads the mgu file
and gives the URL to the "MS" videoplayer, like the shell script,
I have for mtvp here. Shit, I cant program C. Maybe two lines
of C code would be enough. Volonteers ? ;-)