Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2019 17:53:15 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>, "Kevin P. Neal" <kpn@neutralgood.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, 000.fbsd@quip.cz
Subject:   Re: python dameon coredumps when started from boot, but not by hand

On 04/Nov/2019 23:45, O'Connor, Daniel wrote:
> This would also capture the stderr output, and should be pretty easy to shoe horn into the rc.d file.
>
> Nice thinking!

Just picking this up again, I have tried a few things, but am unable to
actually get this to work in the rc.d file, any suggestions? RC is quite
clever and seems to read the hash-pling line from the script and compare
it to the value set for the interpreter, so I cant simply add ktrace in
front on the interpreter itself. I tried knocking up a simple wrapper
script, but that didnt work too well (didnt become a daemon propely) and
I am wary of chnaging too much as I want the test to be as similar to
the actual bug situation as possible.

ktrace generates data at a spectacular rate thoughnthough doesnt it ? :-)

-pete.