Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:10:28 +0200
From:      ls <luni@cb3rob.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Webmail Recommendations

Steve Clement wrote:
> Bill Campbell wrote:
>

>>On Sat, Jul 09, 2005, Rommell Barcela wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,

>>>Since this is what I am currently using, for almost 3yrs now without any
>>>problems, I guess I'll have to suggest a postfix+amavisd-new
>>>+spamassassin+clamav+spamd for AV/AS gateway and squirrelmail+vpopmail
>>>+qmail+qmailadmin+vqadmin+courier-imap for mail storage.
>>>

>>I suggest looking at the latest version of IMP, http://www.horde.org.  It
>>is a vast improvement over the previous versions.  I found squirrelmail to
>>be pretty lame, not to mention slow when dealing with IMAP folders with a
>>few thousand messages.  We use IMP's ability to access multiple mail
>>servers and domains easily essential, and squirrelmail only handles a
>>single server.
>>

> We use Hord mainly for HEAVY users and squirrelmail for LITE users,
> Squirrel isn't lame, it's the right tool for a small job...
>
> Some people still like it minimalistic.
>
> Thanks,
>
> STeve C

what about openwebmail guys?
it works fine with me but im not really an isp than a consultant, so as
a service provider i have really a few customers...
usually i offer a bundle POP3+ftp account:
systemuser + quota + postfix/tls + spamassassin + qpopper4 + openwebmail

any suggestions? comments?

thankyou bye,
Luni