Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:20:53 -0400
From:      WOB <wayofbsd@verizon.net>
To:        Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing with Firefox

Rem P Roberti wrote:

> When I attempt to either do a printview, or print, using Firefox the
> program shuts down. My printcap file contains entries that were
> automatically created by CUPS.  Any ideas why the Firefox printing
> functions are inop?

I solved that problem last night, but I'm not sure how.  I was able to
print from within Abiword, but Firefox would core-dump.  I ended up
doing two things, one of which apparently fixed the problem.  First,
when I ran apsfilter, I made sure a test page printed - then chose to
add the new printer definition to my printcap file (before exiting
SETUP).  Second, in the printcap file, I changed the first line from
"ps|lp|aps1..." to "lp|ps|aps1..." - since I read somewhere that "lp"
was the real name for the printer.  Now I can print.