Date:      Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:08:11 -0300
From:      AT Matik <asstec@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NB Acer [3|5]0x and ACPI

hi

i am wondering if some got this acer nb's working well on v5 or v6

I have an Acer 3002 and fbsd6-B5 is installing and working fine for me  whe=
n=20
not looking at notebook issues ...

I have no battery control at all and when it comes to end it is like a=20
power-failure (=3Doff)

I noticed zillions of "AE_whatever_battery_.." in messages and I could stop=
=20
this by

debug.acpi.disabled=3D"cmbat"

in /boot/loader.conf

I set=20

apm_enable=3D"YES"

in rc.conf and in KDE the kdelaptopd reports "on AC"or "on Bat" but still n=
o=20
powermangement and it's ever fully charged or empty

apm is not compiled in my kernel as well as acpi is not and acpi is normall=
y=20
loaded at boot

even if I see msgs like "power_profile economy" in messages after some time=
 of=20
inactivity there is no real power management

is there anybody doing better or has suggestions?

I saw a doc about Acer smart batteries on FBSD and ACPI, does it mean that=
=20
acpi is not working on my NB actually?

the page of the following link do has any chance on Fbsd?

http://www.archernar.co.uk/acer_acpi/acer_acpi_main.html

So final question is if some compiled with success amd64 on this NB with=20
Sempron Mobile 2800+ (1600Mhz) ?

Jo=E3o

btw: who wants to now the onboard broadcom WL is working very well with ndi=
s=20
on 2.4 and 5.8 to my surprise