Date:      Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:54:22 -0500
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mark R Russell <freebsd@mark.net.au>
Subject:   Re: Openoffice 2.0 and KDE

--nextPart1828479.t6WtXnxcf6

On November 1, 2005 07:39 pm, Mark R Russell wrote:
> Jack L. wrote:
> > Try compiling with -DWITH_KDE or WITH_KDE=3Dtrue and see if that does i=
t.

> I used make -DWITH_KDE when I compiled, no joy.
>
> > On 11/1/05, *Mark R Russell* <freebsd@mark.net.au
> > <mailto:freebsd@mark.net.au>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi
> >     I have just upgraded all our office machines to OO.org 2.0 to
> > discover the port doesn't create KDE start menu icons. Is there any
> > special foo I
> >     have to do to have them created like the 1.1 branch did?
> >

> >     Thanks

No that isn't the solution. This option only makes OpenOffice KDE "aware" (=
for=20
copy pasting and graphical "closeness").

Your icons are stored in :
/usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/share/xdg

So you have to copy everything in that folder into
~/.kde/share/applnk/OpenOffice.org 2.0 (create last folder if necessary). =
=20
Delete old openoffice folders if they exist.

Almost done, yet there is a catch, you have to manually edit each file so t=
hat=20
it points to the actual file name.=20

=46or example, modify the following line:
Exec=3Dopenoffice.org-2.0 -base %U

to=20
Exec=3Dopenoffice.org-2.0.0 -base %U

When all the files are done, restart KDE and you should find your icons in =
the=20
Office menu.

I know it seems complicated, and it shouldn't be. BTW, are you able to SAVE=
 AS=20
an open office format?
Nicolas.
=20
=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct 29 11:32:52 EDT 2005    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc