Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 2009 01:24:49 +0200
From:      Frank Reppin <frank@undermydesk.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jonas Lund <whizzter@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: [if_re.c] INTEL mini/itx DE945GSEJT

Hi all and
hi Jonas!

Jonas Lund wrote:
> If you've just purchased a new board i think you could try it out as
> you install it. Apart from the mentioned things boards usually
> contains the same chipsets as other boards so chances are it'll work.
> And if not directly then under some compat mode (Altho could be with
> reduced speed)
>
> And if realtek does provide source for their drivers i'd prolly not be
> too worried. The shitties drivers i've used was some crap produced by
> some random chineese chip-shop that had delay(10000) or something
> alike it inside kernel-code (That's right.. it waited 10 seconds in
> kernel for no apperant reason!) but the code was functional with this
> removed.
>
> 2009/8/5 Frank Reppin <frank@undermydesk.org>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> just purchased the above mentioned board:
>>
>> http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/D945GSEJT/D945GSEJT-overview.htm

Thankyou so far... and thankyou to if_re.c maintainer(s)... the
mainboard in question is indeed supported by FreeBSD' if_re.c in
at least -CURRENT (I've performed an initial install using the latest
[2009-06] current snapshot ISO and I've later [2009-08-10... late
evening] upgraded to 8.2 beta.

coretemp (4) seems to also work as intended as well as powerd without
any flaws... at a first glance.

Cheers,

frank

--