Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:53:32 -0700
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.0 and Objective C

On Nov 13, 2005, at 8:11 PM, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On 11/14/05 08:50 James Bailie said the following:
>> Try adding -lpthread to the compiler command line?
>
> actually -pthread would be better. not the missing el ('l').

I have a question about this (or similar solutions), as I hope to do
some Objective-C programming soon with SOPE <http://
sope.opengroupware.org/index.html>.  If the Objective-C library
requires pthreads, why does not the Objective-C library already
contain the references to that library?  It seems rather strange to
me that system library dependencies have to be manually met in my own
compile statements...

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC