Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:32:16 -0800
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kioexec core dump

On Monday 21 November 2005 16:27,  the author Chuck Swiger contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: kioexec core dump:

>Vizion wrote:
>[ ... ]
>
>>> signal 4 is SIGILL, an illegal instruction, which could be because the
>>> software was compiled for the wrong CPU architecture, or it could
>>> indicate a hardware problem with your RAM or CPU.  Check cooling.
>>
>> I think it has to be something else.. this is the only core dump in the
>> syslog and the server is temperature monitored. temperatures were all
>> fine. I think if there were temperature problems the monitor would have
>> logged it and there would be other symptoms.
>
>Well, if this was the only error, it could have been due to a genuine bug
> with the program, rather than a system-wide problem.  But I'd give
> memtest86 a spin overnight to see whether anything shows up...

Thanks -- yes I will try that --  was wondering if anyone else knows of any
similar problems..
I have tried searching freebsd documentation but cannot find anything -- ah
well maybe the upgrade will do it. If I find enything from memtest I will
post it here.

Thanks for your input - it is appreciated.
david
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.