Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:33:41 -0800
From:      Matthew Jacob <lydianconcepts@gmail.com>
To:        "Rajesh S. Ghanekar" <rajesh_ghanekar@persistent.co.in>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: isp driver - inquiry changed

 Switch as in 'Fabric' or 'Segmented FC-AL'?

The panic looks like the ones where as far as the system is concerned the
disk went away.

Right now, certain fabric and loop events cause the isp driver to think the
target has gone away, and this gets sent as async event upstream. I'm
beginning to think that this is a losing proposition for FreeBSD- on the
other hand, the unexpected disappearance of a device isn't handled well by
FreeBSD *either*.

When I did a hardening exercise at Mirapoint for the FreeBSD isp driver and
SCSI midlayer, I seem to recall that I put in a deferred device
disappearance algorithm. Maybe I should check with Mirapoint to see if I ca=
pull that code back.

Its a simple topology with all the hosts presented to all the available LUN=