Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:56:55 -0500
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Subject:   Re: linux-flashplugin-6.0 not working anymore

--nextPart4030499.3zRpiJDubr

> >And konqueror no longer finds my linux-flashplugin-6.0. The mplayer plug=
in
> > is detected fine in both browsers. Since the linuxpluginwrapper port is
> > broken for -CURRENT, I haven't tried to mess with it.
> >
> >Am I the only one with this problem?
>
> No - I too have this problem, and can't find a solution.  It broke with
> some commits back around Dec 20th, 2005 from Alexander Kabaev I think.
> I mentioned it, and his response was something like:
>
> -
> The segfault was caused by *((char *)0) =3D 0; statement that I forgot to
> remove from the source before committing. Now firefox does not segfault
> but properly fails to load plugin due to inadequate versioning
> emulation by flash[67].so wrappers.
> -
>
> See the thread with a subject of:
> [openoffice]no suitable windowing system found, exiting.
>
> Eric

Good, I feel better knowing I didn't fubar'ed my -CURRENT box.

(Now I'll go back to trying to get xorg-server-snap to not blow up with my =
ATI=20
9550, ah the joy of living on the edge...)

Nicolas.
=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #9: Sat Dec 31 14:24:32 EST 2005    =20
nicblais@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? (updated 16 Nov 05) : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc