Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:39:39 +0900
From:      Watanabe Kazuhiro <CQG00620@nifty.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [ptmdm] - PCTel HSP MicroModem driver for FreeBSD

At Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:21:08 +0200,
Oleksandr Tatmanyants wrote:
> Here you are.
> Not too much, just one line added and one more hacked ;)
> And Makefile changed a bit.

OK.  I got your reply.  Your modification looks like correct.

> nm i8xxhal.o | grep -w U
>          U __const_udelay_Reae3dfd6
>          U __udelay_R9e7d6bd0
>          U codecID
>          U kfree_R037a0cba
>          U kmalloc_R93d4cfe6
>          U printk_R1b7d4074
>          U schedule_timeout_R17d59d01
>
> codecID is defined in amr/dsp.a
> __udelay... could be directly mapped to DELAY(9)
> kmalloc... and kfree... could be implemented using malloc(9) and free(9)
> printk... could be implemented using printf(9)
> But I have no idea how to deal with __const_udelay... and
> schedule_timeout...

I don't have a good idea, too... sorry!

As far as I know, the original Linux pctel driver doesn't work on the
Linux kernel 2.6.x with Intel ICHs (it only works 2.4.x).

I didn't know the reason until now.  But perhaps there is a similar
problem (call the Linux kernel funcitons directory from the binaly
module).
---
Watanabe Kazuhiro (CQG00620@nifty.ne.jp)