Date:      Mon, 8 May 2006 11:07:05 +0300
From:      "Iantcho Vassilev" <ianchov@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf not loading the rules at boot

On 5/8/06, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Iantcho Vassilev wrote:
> > Hello to all,
> >

> > I noticed such a problem:
> >
> > I have a 6.1 RC2
>
> Step one should be to upgrade to the latest 6-stable, and run mergemaster=
.

I will do that in  the next couple of days because i did it 5 days ago..

> and i have in rc.conf
> >
> > pf_enable=3D"YES"
> > pflogd_enable=3D"YES"
>
> I think you already corrected yourself to say that you have pflog_enable,
> not pflogd_, correct?

I have pflog_enable from the beginning...in the list i made a mistake and
wrote pflogd..

> but when the system boots i test with:
> >
> > pfctl -vs rules
> >
> > and there are not rules loaded.if i load them by hand there is no
> problem..
>
> When you say "load them by hand," what do you do exactly?

I mean: pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf

> then i made:
> >
> > rc_debug=3D"YES"
>
> Try adding rc_info=3Dyes as well.

I have tried ..but nothing  new is showing...

> and the first thing that i saw was: when pf_enable is after pflogd_enable
> ;
> > it is not printed(checked)..
>
> The order of the variables in your rc.conf file is not relevant.
>
> > i put pf_load=3D"YES" >> /boot/loader.conf
> > and still the ruleset is NOT loaded on boot...
>
> The rc system doesn't know anything about /boot/loader.conf.
>
> I'm also interested in what happens if you add -v to the pf_flags. What
> are
> the permissions on /etc/pf.conf?

If i add pf_flags=3D"-v" nothing happens..
The permissions are: 755

Doug