Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2006 12:45:33 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Chantal Rosmuller <chantal@site4u.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-apache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php question

Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
>> I don't think mime_magic is php4 extension module. As I saw in php
>> manual, mime functions is enabled in php compile time
>> --with-mime-magic but FreeBSD port has not this as option.
>>
>> Miroslav Lachman
>

> Hi Miroslav,
>
> thanks, do you have any idea how I can install it without breaking
> dependencies or loosing the module every time I update php?

I don't have any good idea, only some not so good. You can edit
/usr/ports/lang/php4/Makefile (or write patch which you can apply before
every update)
Or you can contact php port maintainer (ale@FreeBSD.org) and ask him to
include support for mime_magic into lang/php4 or lang/php4-extensions

Miroslav Lachman