Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:02:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.no-ip.com>
Cc:        dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: vmware 3.2

> I'd looked over the Ethernet-virtualization drivers, and I thought they
> were pretty ugly (and accordingly scary), but given your previous
> success with tweaking the Linuxulator, I'm willing to accept your
> assessment.

Well, it's not really just my assessment, it's actually in
/usr/ports/emulators/vmware2. I think it's still possible to get it up and
running on a -STABLE machine as long as you have a licence to use it. I
was just going to take a lot of the work that was done in that port,
figure it out and understand it, then do the same for vmware3... It'll be
a fairly long project though and again I probably won't have time to start
on it until June at the earliest (6 classes plus 30 hrs per week of work
this semester) so I'd like it if someone else at least tried to start on
it.

Ken