Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2017 09:01:42 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ngie Cooper <ngie@freebsd.org>, src-committers <src-committers@freebsd.org>, svn-src-projects@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r322551 - in projects/runtime-coverage/sys/boot: efi/boot1 efi/loader geli i386/boot2 i386/btx/lib i386/gptboot i386/gptzfsboot i386/loader i386/zfsboot mips/beri/loader powerpc/kboot p...

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 7:41 AM, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 08:27:08 PM Ngie Cooper wrote:
> > Author: ngie
> > Date: Tue Aug 15 20:27:07 2017
> > New Revision: 322551
> >
> > Log:
> >   Disable MK_COVERAGE in sys/boot/...
> >
> >   None of this should be compiled with MK_COVERAGE enabled, and it
> >   fails to compile with it enabled due to unresolved symbols.
>
> Would it be a smaller change to make use of Makefile.inc for this?
>
> It looks like there is already a sys/boot/Makefile.inc to set other
> settings that affect all of sys/boot and the various subdirectories of
> sys/boot all have Makefile.inc's that include ../Makefile.inc.

I think something like this is preferable. We have way too much duplication
in these makefiles as it is and this makes it incrementally worse. If
someone else doesn't beat me to it, I'll give it a shot. IIRC, at least in
the past there's some thorny issues with doing multiple levels of include
like this, but that may just be in the old fmake, not the current bmake.

Warner