Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2007 21:24:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
To:        dougb@freebsd.org (Doug Barton)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "make index" on 4.10-STABLE

> RELENG_4 isn't supported, period. You should probably start
> researching what it will take to do a fresh install of 7-stable when
> it comes out "soonish." That way you'll be future-proofed for the next
> couple years anyway.
>
> hth,
>
> Doug

	Part of my concern is the hardware platform. I know a few
machines I have couldn't go past 5.3 without locking during boot. Tried
posting to the list and got silence, so I have to keep those machines
at 5.3 . So will have to schedule time to see if I can boot some recent
install CD's on the 4.10-STABLE server and see if it works....... My
post was worth a try to get other than the "isn't supported" reply.

			Tuc