Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:59:45 +0400 (GST)
From:      Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@rakhesh.com>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upgraded Samba and Can't Connect with Win XP -- SOLVED!!!

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.  Oddly enough, rebooting the Windows clients has
> solved the problem.  Windows must have been caching something that prevented
> it from staying connected to the new version.

Rebooting Windows solves most problems! Heh!

> I hadn't noticed uid=0.  Thanks for pointing that out as I'm sure it's a
> potential security issue.  I was attempting to log on as myself which should
> have a uid=1000.

In my case this was happening coz I had made some mistake in my smbusers
file. I don't remember what the error was. (Either the file was not there
at the location I specified or I had mapped my Windows username to FreBSD
root -- one of these).

Regards,
Rakhesh