Date:      Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:03:29 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
Subject:   Re: overnight upgrade interrupted by questions

On Tuesday 15 April 2008 22:10:41 Chris Whitehouse wrote:

> Do something like [sorry not exact syntax as I don't have access to a
> freebsd machine]:
> foreach i (`cat portlist`)
> foreach? cd /usr/ports/$i && make config

You should 'make config-conditional' to save yourself some work. make config
always shows you the dialogue, while config-conditional checks to see if the
variablenames have changed and if not, just moves on using what you already
have in /var/db/ports.

These are the ports that will bite you:
# find /usr/ports -name 'configure' -path '*/scripts/*' \
	-exec grep -l '/usr/bin/dialog' {} +
/usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/scripts/configure
/usr/ports/japanese/typist/scripts/configure
/usr/ports/misc/sonytv/scripts/configure
/usr/ports/print/apsfilter/scripts/configure
/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu/scripts/configure
/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl/scripts/configure

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.