Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 2009 17:53:36 -0800
From:      Matt Olander <matt@ixsystems.com>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        Kris Moore <kris@pcbsd.com>, FreeBSD Chat <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Flash on FreeBSD (was Re: FreeBSD Bounties)

On Mar 6, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

> Oliver Fromme wrote:
>> I definitely prefer Opera for normal browsing because it's
>> faster and has more useful features, so I use it most of
>> the time.  I only start up Firefox when I need to visit
>> a site that requires Flash, which doesn't happen too
>> often, fortunately.
>
> I also use Opera.  It is my browser of choice on more than one
> platform.
>
> I'd like Flash to just work.

I've cc'd Kris from the PC-BSD project as I'm not sure he's subscribed
to the list. I'm also a big fan of Opera and it's working well with
Flash on the last PC-BSD alpha with no work on my part. Kris, did you
have to add any secret sauce to get Flash working so well with
Firefox, Konqueror, and Opera in the last alpha?

FYI, we're working closely with Adobe to get native Flash on FreeBSD.
I expect we'll have a solution at some point this year.

-matt