Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:03:17 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Cezary Morga <cm@therek.net>
Cc:        QAT@freebsd.org, freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Custom LOCALBASE/PREFIX] www/p5-RT-Extension-SLA - fails: mtree

--------------enig1D54128B30138CD017AADD40

Cezary Morga wrote:
> Matthew Seaman pisze:
>> I think that your patch essentially does that, but see ports/136656 wh=
ere
>> I have a simpler solution -- just remove $PREFIX from the environment
>> during configuration.
>=20
> I don't think removing PREFIX is a good idea. FreeBSD is supposed to=20
> support PREFIX for users wishing to install ports elsewhere than=20
> /usr/local, that's what this QAT tests 'Custom LOCALBASE/PREFIX' are ab=
out.

That is not the effect of my patch at all.

You are failing to distinguish between $PREFIX set as an environment vari=
able
and $PREFIX the make variable.  PREFIX the make variable already controls=
 what
the p5-RT-Extension ports do as variables like SITE_PERL are defined in
terms of it already.   As I said in an earlier post: these ports already =
honour
PREFIX correctly when it is defined eg. in /etc/make.conf. (The same appl=
ies to
LOCALBASE for that matter, but LOCALBASE means nothing to perl configure =
scripts,
so this whole question doesn't arise)

In fact, it's the make variable which is the important thing for the port=
s, and
the confusion here arises because different Makefiles or scripts are re-i=
mporting
the value from the environment instead of inheriting the settings from
superior makes.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20