Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 2009 00:46:01 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem using adhoc mode using the iwn driver.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 07:37:35PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> Eddie Leisure wrote:
> > Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> >> Look at iwn source code, IBSS cap is commented out.
> >> Either this issue should be addressed or man page should be updated.
> > Thanks for your help here, it never occurred to me to check the source,
> > I'm still a bit of a newbie at this.
> >
> > Deleted the #if 0...#endif block around the code in if_iwn.c and
> > recompiled.
> > Running it form the console this time and I can see the error "iwn0:
> > IBSS mode not supported" - so it still doesn't seem to be working.  I
> > checked over the rest of the source and I don't see anything obvious in
> > the header files either.
>
> iwn's ibss suport didn't work when I last tried it so I removed the
> capability.  Someone needs to take responsibility for the driver; there
> are many outstanding issues with the code in the tree (e.g. lack of
> support for the newer (but now old) parts).

If someone gets interested in playing with iwn, it would be great if
they could work on resume.  FreeBSD 8 is *wonderful* for S3 suspend and
resume.  I really appreciate the work which has been done to get it to
work.

The iwn driver is my only issue.  I have put up the verbose dmesg for
boot and resume if anyone is interested.

http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/laptop/TravelMate_5720-6911/

After resume the ifconfig shows "associated" on iwn0 and "no carrier" on
wlan0.

lambert@lambertfam.org