Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:51:07 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
To:        "Len Conrad" <LConrad@Go2France.com>, <Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Cyclades P300

Len

I am running a number (about 5 or 6) of the Cyclades PC300 cards.  They work
fine for me.

I can't comment on the more advanced topics (load balancing, etc) you ask
about as I have nowhere near the bandwidth you are playing with.

I have successfully installed up to four lines with PC300 cards (2 x
dual-port cards) in one gateway server, but they are all physically AND
logically different lines, so I have not tried any load-balancing.

Prices were about 6,000 Rands (South Africa), so I'm guessing you could get
them for around $500 to $600 in the States.

The BSD drivers are not supplied with the cards (they ship with Linux
drivers), but the download from the site works fine, and requires a kernel
rebuild with an additional device defined.

Patrick.