Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:52:42 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        "W. D." <WD@US-Webmasters.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 13:59:52 -0600
"W. D." <WD@US-Webmasters.com> wrote:

> At 13:42 2/2/2005, Fredrik Petersson wrote:
> >Hi all!
> >I have a old computer, I thought it was perfect for testings some FreeBSD
> >on. (Im a linux user, noramly).
> >
> >It is a old dell 500MHz with a 40GB disk, the "disk-part" of the
> >installation program told me something about the bios and that y disk si=
ze
> >wasn=B4t correct, I continued and I created /var / /dev /usr partitions =
in the
> >installing program, but later the installation program tells me something
> >like could not mount /usr (and all the other mounting points).=20
> >
> >Are ideas about where to start the troubleshooting??
>=20
> FreeBSD can be tricky to install for first time users.  You
> may want to just accept the defaults for the disk partioning.
>=20
> More info here:
> http://www.US-Webmasters.com/FreeBSD/Install/

I find that guide to be lacking in detail.  You would be better
off using the official documentation for installation:

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

Then, if you have any problems, the usual place to ask is on
freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org mailing list.  This group is intended
to be for newbie experience discussion and non-technical chat.

You'll find a lot of folks there willing to help with a
solution.

Good Luck and welcome to FreeBSD!

Randy

--=20