Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:12:24 -0500
From:      Mark Johnston <markj@freebsd.org>
To:        Domagoj Stolfa <domagoj.stolfa@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-dtrace@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Query about work with/on DTrace

On Thu, Nov 17, 2022 at 03:16:33PM +0000, Domagoj Stolfa wrote:
> Hi:
>

> I'm in the process of writing an article for the FreeBSD Journal
> regarding DTrace and was hoping to get some submissions of what people
> are working on in what would be called the "exciting new work" part of
> the article. If you'd like to share your work with a quick summary and
> link to it for it to be included, feel free to email me!

Hi Domagoj,

A couple of recent projects which may be of interest are kinst, a new
kernel provider which enables tracing of arbitrary kernel instructions
on amd64, and CTFv3, which removes a number of limits in the previous
version which were biting people.

A description of the former, along with some future project ideas, is
here:
https://www.freebsd.org/status/report-2022-07-2022-09/#_dtrace_instruction_level_dynamic_tracing