Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:42:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Plan to import NetBSD rc system

In message <51476.992363033@axl.seasidesoftware.co.za> Sheldon Hearn writes:
: I've contacted Luke Mewburn (the guy behind the new NetBSD rc system)
: and he's keen to chat to FreeBSD-heads after his talk at USENIX (FREENIX
: track).  I can't make it, but I'd encourage interested parties from the
: FreeBSD community to chat to him.  In fact, interested parties are
: encouraged to attend his talk. :-)

Cool.  I'll have to track him down while in Boston.  His talk is going
to be a little hard for me to attend since I'm not arriving until
after it is over :-)

: After USENIX, the plan is that I'll get a hold of his slides and notes
: and will post a plan of action to freebsd-hackers, making sure that
: folks get a chance to see exactly how the new system is going to work.

I'd be more interested in just seeing patches posted with a summary of
how/why you deviated from the base NetBSD scripts.  That is because I
think at this point the conversations about this stuff are more light
than heat and produce little value add.

Warner