Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2013 11:13:19 -0300
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        john smith <florence44638@caliopea.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: raspberry pi rev B : no luck booting..

On 30 September 2013 10:59, john smith <florence44638@caliopea.com> wrote:
> Le 29/09/2013 15:48, George Rosamond a =E9crit :
> [...]
>
> All give the same result: the short "act" blink whenever a freebsd SD car=
> is inserted....
>

>> I haven't used Tom K's images in a while, but I would assume they are
>> fine.
>
> I think they are all fine but not with my board... is the serial on GPIO
> will say something if I buy an adaptater ? , or is the boot desperetly
> blind, until an OS is booted ?
> I've seen quite nothing about serial debug...

We don't support yet the use of the 'ok' led as the usage indicator
for SD card, so it's ok if you only see a short blink there (it's the
kernel being loaded and after that it will not work anymore).

It take a while to fully boot the RPi, but after the kernel starts you
should see the kernel output on HDMI or composite video.

The serial works as console. You can get a more verbose output of the
boot process there.

Luiz