Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:32:43 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox and thunderbird randomly segfault

On 2014-02-19, David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com> wrote:

> After an update, firefox and thunderbird randomly segfault at any time.
> It a bit annoying and I can't find the cause :
>
> pid 5586 (firefox), uid 1001: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> pid 5609 (firefox), uid 1001: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
> pid 5611 (thunderbird), uid 1001: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
>
> Do you have the same issues ?

Maybe.  I don't know what "update" you are talking about.

In my case, it was the update from 9-STABLE to 10-STABLE (amd64)
at the turn of the year.  Firefox 26 and previous versions had been
fairly stable on 9.x.  Crashes were too rare for me to really take
notice.  Once a month maybe?  On 10.x, Firefox 26 (recompiled on
10.x) started crashing every other day.  This has continued with
Firefox 27.