Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:22:24 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        sthaug@nethelp.no, des@flood.ping.uio.no, darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au, committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysctl descriptions

In message <53397.916002625@zippy.cdrom.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
>> Well, just look in you email archives, you already gave me a NO in
>> -core twice on this one back in uhm, '94 or '95 when I rewamped
>> sysctl entirely.
>
>I don't care.  It's obviously time to ask again.

It was just for reference... :-)  take it up in core if you think
it warrants it...

>> And I'll still assert my rights as author and maintainer of this
>
>You're not.  4.4 BSD was the author of this code and you haven't been
>anywhere near productive enough lately with it to exercise a veto.
>Basically, your stock is low enough right now that you're not in much
>position to assert any rights at all.

I'm not saying "veto" I'm saying maintainer, and that means being
asked first and not overruled without warning.  The "Hmm Mom said
no, lets try to ask Dad and see if he says yes" trick DES played
pissed me off in particular.

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!