Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 2015 08:32:17 -0700
From:      Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@gmail.com>
To:        Jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD recommends not using base unbound for an authoritative server

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use unbound from base _only_ at home for recursive DNS stuff. If I were to
> make it authoritative for a domain, I'd use ports or packages because they
> are updated more frequently over what's it base.

Mr. Boogie,

Thank you for your reply.  Are you referring to security?  Is this the
is a correct interpretation of what you are saying:

"In general, the FreeBSD base software is untrustworthy because it is
infrequently updated.  Someone who is interested in security should
avoid the FreeBSD base packages and use ports wherever possible."

Thank you,

Chris