Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 2015 06:31:56 +0000
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        steven@stevenpeguero.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS Encryption Availability

ZFS in FreeBSD does not come with built in encryption support. It is
however very common in the freebsd world to encrypt your partition with
geli(8) and then put a ZFS filesystem inside that encrypted partition. This
works really well, especially if you have hardware crypto such as aesni(4).

Read more about making a geli(8) encrypted partition here (scroll passed
the gbde(4) encryption option unless it takes your fancy):
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/disks-encrypting.html

Then put your ZFS filesystem in the encrypted partition. More help here:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/zfs.html

Good luck!
-Ben