Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:23:21 +0800
From:      Dibyo Gahari <dibyo@bali.net>
To:        Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: how to get back /usr/bin files ?

Thanks, Marino.

But I still have a problem.

At 21:37 30/06/99 , Ladavac Marino wrote:

>	[ML]  This would make it seem as if you have physical access to
>the machine.  Good.

Yes.

>	If you have physical access to the machine, you can boot from
>installation floppy and chose fixit mode, insert fixit floppy and then
>mount the previous / or /usr (wherever your /usr/bin resides) onto /mnt.

Would you explain it in details, because I have tried it, but failed. What
is the exact & complete  command to mount /usr/bin onto /mnt ?

>	Then, mkdir /mnt/cdrom, unless it already exists, and mount your
>2nd CDROM there.

I can't mount 2nd CDROM onto /mnt/cdrom. There is no mount software there.

>	Start copying from /mnt/cdrom/usr/bin into /mnt/(usr/)bin
>
>	That's it.

>	/Marino
>> 2.
>> If I use the old drive as the main partition, how can I know the dev
>> name of the second drive / File System (/dev/wd0s1, or wd0s1e, or ?) so I
>> can mount it as my new partition ?

>	[ML]  I would need more details to answer this question.

I mean, if I have 2 harddrives, how can I mount the second drive (slice:
/data) , to the first drive (slices: / , /usr , /var, swap) ? Should I use
/etc/fstab ? But how can I know the exact /devname of the second drive ?

Thank you.
Regards,
Dibyo Gahari