Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 00:21:53 +0000
From:      James Halstead <James_Bond_79@yahoo.com>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   Mergemaster killed symlink (was RE: Mergemaster bug + new feature [patch])

On Monday 18 June 2001 17:04, Koster, K.J. wrote:
> I had a mergemaster problem a while back, but I haven't debugged it
> properly. I had my /etc/ppp symlinked into /home/root/ppp. Then, after a
> mergemaster run I ended up with a file named /etc/ppp, which had the
> contents of the new version of /etc/ppp/ppp.conf.

I symlinked /etc/ppp to /usr/ppp and mergemaster updated fine. I then removed
/usr/ppp making the symlink invalid and mergemaster overwrote the bad symlink
with ppp.conf. Is there any chance when you ran mergemaster that one time
your /home was not mounted?

I haven't gone as far as to find just what the offending area of mergemaster
is.

>     Kees Jan
>
> PS. I initially read the subject line as "mergemaster has one fewer bug and
> one newly discovered feature". :)

;P

James