Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:42:16 -0400
From:      Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        Edwin Sanjoto <berlowin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: about DNS server

Edwin Sanjoto wrote:
> Hi Guyz,
>
> I want to gain access to the internet via IPv4 (with the public IP) as my Gateway and I am using pure IPv6 (not dual stack)...
>
> I just want to know how to make a DNS server in freeBSD so i can gain access to the internet via IPv4...

I've never used the faith driver before, so I don't know how it works.

Are you looking to have a DNS server that speaks IPv6 or IPv4? Will this
DNS service reside on your local machine, or on another machine on the
network?

One more thing...do you need this to be an authoritative name server, or
simply a caching name server?

I'm in the process today of implementing an IPv6 only DNS server, so
depending on what you are trying to achieve, I may be able to help
either way.

Regards,

Steve