Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2018 22:50:11 -0500
From:      "A. Wilcox" <AWilcox@Wilcox-Tech.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

--omvTS7clavXoZ7EmONTjWDv5LK7NKHlJV
From: "A. Wilcox" <AWilcox@Wilcox-Tech.com>
To: freebsd-arch@freebsd.org

--ZAE1iIz3Xt9R2twSSxOlEERr0Andopl8l

On 10/03/18 21:28, Kim Shrier wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2018, at 6:09 PM, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well, we're at 1 maybe 2 now. Only 3 more to go for a reprieve. :) You=
're
>> running FreeBSD-current on that i386 laptop, right?
>>
>=20
> I am also using rl(4) on my home firewall machine.  Yes, it is built ou=
t of
> ancient hardware but it works just fine.
>=20
> Are we up to 3?
>=20
> Kim

I have three machines left that run FreeBSD.  One has 1x hme (which
seems safe), one 2x rl (which hopefully may be safe), and the last has
1x pcn 1x ed (ouch!  this one probably will end up going to NetBSD).

They all run 11, only because none of them are up to the task of
building current.  Plans to upgrade to 12 over the US November holiday
times have already been made.

Funny enough, I've been looking at bringing up a FreeBSD machine or two
for PowerPC work, so that number may go up to four or five.  I believe
all my PowerPCs capable of booting FreeBSD have gigE, however, so no
issues are likely.

--arw

--=20
A. Wilcox (awilfox)