Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:04:08 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
Cc:        Edvaldo Silva <edv@americanadigital.com.br>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIC for VLAN

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 02:32:03PM -0500, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

> For 100 meg nics, I almost exclusively use Intel Etherexpress "fxp"
> cards. I've used them for a long time in servers, but now they average
> around $3 in quantity on eBay and I use them in everything.  Also,
> many off-lease PC's come with it on the motherboard.

I second, or third, or Nth, recommend the Etherexpress Pro cards. Not
only do they Just Simply Work(tm) in FreeBSD, if (heaven forbid) one has
to do Windows the Intel-provided driver provides exceptional controls
and features that the stock Windows driver does not, such as VLAN.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net