Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 1998 10:11:19 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Subject:   Re: The necessary steps for logging (the problem is fixed)

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Oct 1998 15:22:14 MST, Dan Busarow wrote:
>
> > When spaces are a legal value within a field, they can hardly be used
> > as field separators.
>
> If Dan is right, then the following PR should solve the problem and put
> an end to this thread:

	I don't think spaces are valid on either side of the syslog.conf entry.
At least my reading of the man page doesn't suggest that.

     Multiple selectors may be specified for a single action by
separating
     them with semicolon (``;'') characters.  It is important to note,
howev-
     er, that each selector can modify the ones preceding it.

     Multiple facilities may be specified for a single level by
separating
     them with comma (``,'') characters.

The section about the RHS is more wordy, but the only valid seperator
mentioned is a comma. My vote is to change the code, failing that, the
comment in the PR would be a good start.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!