Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 00:56:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>, "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No MAXUID ?

> > 	I'd be in favor of adding a /etc/pwd_mkdb.conf or some similar
> > file.
> While warnings and error messages should give me enough information
> to address a problem efficiently (something on the wishlist of any
> Wintendo administrator), once I know there is more than zero potentially
> problematic entries, I can used cat, awk and sh to find all the culprits
> if I want to.

What we are looking at is a warning for potential problems with legacy
tools. Yet another configuration file is not going to make our life any
easier. What Sheldon proposed was to get rid of n-1 messages out of n.

Maybe there is a good reason to have a config file, but this does not
sound like one.

Nick

--
e-Mail: hibma@skylink.it