Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 08:30:31 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: btokup().. patch to STYLE(9) (fwd)

> > Unless things have changed a lot, bde counts 50x most people.  This
> > isn't a democracy.
>
> It may not be a democracy, but it's also not a monarchy. :-)

> Bruce only gets "50x the vote" on occasion by generally being the only
> one to comment at all.

Bruce should get 50X the vote since he's the only one willing to enforce
the rules.  Without Bruce the code would become inconsistant.  By
over-ruling we are essentially

Most of the commits made by other developers (except a few, David being
one of the exceptions) do not follow Style anyway, and at least Bruce
attempts to keep them consistant with the rest of the tree.

My fear is that we'll end up with '?*+'BSD now.

Nate