Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 15:23:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hedley@cs.bris.ac.uk (David Hedley)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: max supplemental groups

> Is there a way of increasing the number of supplemental groups? 16 is
> rather a small number! It is as simple as changing NGROUPS_MAX in
> <sys/syslimits.h> and recompiling the kernel or do I have to something
> else?

Yes.  This number only refers to the groups of which a user may be a
member, however.  In other words, you can have any number of groups,
but a single user can only be a memeber of 16 of them.

If you crank this up, be aware, that the number of groups you user is
in will be truncated when going over NFS to 16 (BSD) or 8 (SYSV).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.