Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:35:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@FreeBSD.ORG>, <cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/isa clock.c src/sys/i386/include param.h src/sys/conf options.i386

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

PK>In message <20020630033134.A80637@iguana.icir.org>, Luigi Rizzo writes:
PK>
PK>>But i want to emphasize that as usual this thread is about 20 lines
PK>>of conditionally compiled code which will never ever interfere with
PK>>anything else in the system.
PK>
PK>So, why check it in in the first place ?  It is unused, undocumented
PK>and only you are ever going to use it and even you will have to modify
PK>the code to insert the calls to this code before you can use it.

I just took luigis patch from last year and applied it to current to find
out why the xl interface is generating bad jitters in the callouts. I
think that other people may need the functionality too. A man-page could
help, of course.

harto

--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private