Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2018 19:24:54 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network identification problem with Windows 10 on bhyve

On 10/26/18 12:05 PM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> I'm trying sysctl net.link.bridge.inherit_mac=1, to see if it makes any
> difference.

It looks like this does the trick, although I'm not sure yet; however,
it breaks other things.

In fact, in order to get a more deterministic behaviour with ipfw, I have:
net.link.bridge.pfil_bridge=0
net.link.bridge.pfil_local_phys=1

Having the same MAC address on the bridge and the physical interfaces
doesn't allow incoming packet to be assigned to the correct one.

> I'll also check and see if the tap adapter MAC address changes over
> reboots.

In fact tap0's MAC changes after every reboot.
As soon as I have the chance, I'll try and see if I can fix this.

  bye
	av.