Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 21:50:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        agkrueger@imcglobal.com (Krueger Aaron G. - Bannockburn)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation failure

Krueger Aaron G. - Bannockburn wrote:

>  I thought everything was actually going to go OK at that point, but to
> my dismay, It never gave me the infamous sysinstall menu. Instead all I
> get is the infamous cursor in the lower left hand corner..... At that
> point I rebooted several times, recreated the floppy, tried with the
> installations CD in the other CD-ROM.

I think you have been overzealous in removing conflicts, and have
seen the PS2 mouse / console conflict, and have disabled the console
(the sc0 device).  If this is so, try again, closing your eyes to
this conflict, which will harm nothing. It's more of a wart in
the installation procedure than anything else.

Dave
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'