Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 11:27:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        rssh@grad.kiev.ua, hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A web-based FreeBSD configuration tool.

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> >   Interesting, that after posting  info about alpha-version of my GUI
> > config tool,I receive  only one feedback  from  wich, who actually test
> > it.
>
> Well, I did actually test it myself when you first announced it but,
> to be perfectly honest, there were so few actual configuration screens
> currently implemented that I thought "hmmmm, nice idea but not enough

Hmmm.. But this is only a test version! IMHO, you shouldn't expect that
someone writes the _complete_ stuff at this stage, where it wasn't decided
yet which direction to take.

If I were to write such a tool, I'd do it the same way as Ruslan did - to
implement _some_ of the functions to let people get a feel of it, and wait
for comments. Otherwise, I'd waste much time for writing the code which
would eventually end up in /dev/null...

So, what is the minimal set of tasks that should be implemented in a test
version of admin tool, before you (or someone else from the team) will
consider it "nice AND worth pursuing" ...?

Andrzej Bialecki